Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Elling

my visits to blockbuster has at least one round of the foreign section, I wish they had a better collection, anyways I happened to treat myself this weekend with a Norweigian movie which happened to be nominated for the best foreign language film at the ACADEMY AWARDS.
Its a movie about two roomates ( Elling & Kjell Barne ) recently released from Mental insitution and their time with life after. A triumph of human spirit, a creative capture of innocence and a true narration of what I call cinema.

Grab it! if you want to watch good cinema.

2 comments:

Vinod said...

Hey Rajjo.....hv u tried any Pedro almodovar's movies.....i think there was a recent one in teh US called Bad education....watch it for the way he handled teh story and teh colours which he has used through teh movie.....

Also Talk to Her....and All about my mother.....let me know whether u liked it.....

Rajnish Borah said...

"All about my mother" was one of his best work, his protrayal of human situations is uniqe and I enjoy his narrative style . I did look at the "talk to her" cover this weekend but decided on Elling, watch it if you haven't yet. I will grab both of your recommendation soon and post my review.